Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moving right along

Kaled is up to 53, getting the last couple quests for Sunken Temple dinged him yesterday and my sister ran him thru today on her troll hunter. Got some nice screenshots, though some are kinda dark. And new boots!



He has 4 AV marks so far. The 51-60 AV on my server is fail. Each match started out with about 30 alliance and maybe a dozen horde. We never got a full group except for one match we filled up about 5 minutes before it ended. But hey, it's still fun, and that's the point, right? :)

We had some technical difficulties with our internet, so I'm not gonna have all the time I thought I would for battlegrounds tonight, but I'm still gonna run thru 1 or 2 matches.

Post-patch, I haven't noticed a huge drop in Kaled's dps, stuff still dies fast. I haven't logged on Boogga yet tho, I'm kind of afraid to after hearing about what other hunters have said. I'll try to get him in an instance tomorrow and see what happens.

AV is calling, gotta go. Happy Hunting!

5 comments:

  1. Nicely done intro for your Death Knight :D

    I made one for Alaren on Sliver Hand if you want to read mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly, if you weren't already pulling insane level 80 dps, you probably won't notice the hunter nerf. I'm seeing it mostly as a paradigm shift. Now hunters actually have to be skilled, know their class abilities, and know their shot rotation and pets. It's going to separate the "men from the boys." Grats on 53!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really not that huge. The example you put out for hunter QQ was probably and OVERALL DAMAGE done meter. Since Volley was nerfed so hard(with good reason) our trash DPS isn't as strong anymore.

    It has dropped, yes, but I think we're fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it's the hunters who are completely epic'd out and were 50/21/0 and pushing 5000+ DPS who are gonna notice a change. For the rest of us, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good to hear, since Boo isn't geared out that well yet. I have to say I really love the idea of having a shot rotation, I never macro'd my steady shot before, just hand-wove it, and that was way more fun than just spamming one button.

    @ Crison- I'm going to do a more detailed intro sometime, from Khlar's point of view. :)

    ReplyDelete