Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Internet Fails

First some background: My parents are out of town vacationing, so my sister & I went to their house to stay, so we can house-sit and be chauffeurs to our aunt and cousin, neither of whom can drive right now. Mom & Dad left last Friday, we moved our stuff over, including computers, and everything was hunky-dory.

Yesterday morning when I got up, I found that we had no internet. Had to call my dad to see what was up and he told me that he had activated the wireless network down in Florida, where they are now. Apparently when he did that, Comcast routed the entire internet service to down there, so we lost it completely.

We are still waiting for them to fix it, so for the moment sis & I are back at our house, where the internet still works. I'm not about to be moving my nice new computer back and forth, when there's a chance I'd drop it at some point, so I am back on my freshly-fixed laptop, installing WoW. Again. Ugh. At least it's going fairly quickly.

But, man, I hope this doesn't last long. Come on, Comcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment