Monday, April 20, 2009

Ulduar: First impressions

So, Friday night's Ulduar raid... It was actually pretty fun. The first boss is a blast. We wiped on him first try because we pulled him early by accident, and still had one tower up. But we went right back, beat down the tower, then downed the boss no problems. Most people I've seen say that he's really easy, and I'd have to agree, but still fun.



The rest of the night was just wiping. We wiped on the trash leading to Ignis so many times that I lost count. It was definitely a learning experience. Once we finally had the trash cleared, we made several attempts on Ignis, but the most we got him down was about 800k. :P



We tried XT-002 after we gave up on Ignis, but he rolled us just as much. But oh, man, his voice! Some of my guildies' reactions to his voice almost had me rolling on the floor, laughing. I think the best description I've found is "Pinocchio on helium."

I think we're going to be running 25-man Naxx until everyone in our core group is better geared, then we'll head back for another try.
_______________________

Alanon is starting to get some gear now too. He got his t7 shoulders and a few other new shinies. Oddly enough, I've never really been the healer type, but I love healing on him. Don't know why. /shrug

Now that I have 2 level 80s, I'm feeling torn between which side I go raiding on. Boogga has most of the gear I wanted on him, but now we're getting ready for the new content, so I'd like to see that. My Alliance guild is smaller and hasn't progressed as much, but they're all friends, not just guildies, so really I'd prefer being with them. We only raid on weekends, though, and horde-side does several nights a week, so for now I'm trying to do a little of both and see how that works out. My biggest concern is getting burned out on one toon or the other.

That's all I can think of for now. Til next time, Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment