Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pitch: Change of Scenery

Pitch wandered out of the Barrow dens, his mind still muddled. The fresh air soon started clearing out the cobwebs left by the Emerald Dream, and he was able to recognize where he was. With a little effort, he made it to the flight masters, then back to Auberdine. From there he took the boat to Stormwind- not really with any plan in mind, just because he felt he should be doing something. By the time the boat docked he was feeling almost normal, and he remembered the tavern he used to go to occasionally- the Pig & Whistle.
___________________________________

I finally transferred Pitchblàck over to Feathermoon, where he promptly sent the Cold Weather Flying book I had nabbed to Arvoss, killed a few giants in Hellfire Peninsula for Shaur, then tanked an Azjol-Nerub run. Whew! His debut at the Pig for RP night didn't quite go as I had hoped, simply because he didn't know anyone, he was still ICly a little confused from returning from the Dream, and about halfway through the night, he succeeded in upsetting Shaurria by taking her "spot" next to Aely. In her defense, she was a little clingier than she should have been, because Arvoss wasn't there. That alone would have been enough, but besides that he "met" Skyborne, was ogled by Skulley, and tried to help another druid that had been lost in the Dream. Pitch isn't much of a healer, and not being able to help a fellow druid, beyond taking her to the Moonglade to recover, irked him. And most of the night was spent just sitting around the edges of the "social circle" and watching everyone else.

That being said, I'm fairly pleased. It's nearly always hard to break into established RP groups, whether it's a new player or a new alt. Heck, Shaur herself lurked around the edges for a long time before she was accepted. My poor little dude just needs time.

And I'm so happy to have him there. I've missed playing him a lot. Now maybe he can finally get to level 80 and start doing things.

* * * * * *

In other news, Shaur is up to 61 but still hasn't gotten her Ramps/Blood Furnace run. We're shooting for that tomorrow after I get off work. Arvoss is up to 75!! He's nearly there, and I'm getting excited. I'm still planning on getting Taurros the cow-druid up when I go on my vacation at the end of the month, which will be a lot easier if I can focus on Arvoss and get him finished before then.

My sis finished a story she'd been working on about Shaurria and Tadrith's Pilgrim's Bounty hijinks, you can read it here.

I'm still itching to write stuff, but my current main project is a collaboration with my sister, for a story of Alanon and Arien. The problem? I'm not having any writer's block, but she is. I hope we'll get it done before my kick goes away, and it'll be posted here once it's finished.

I do have a little something I'll work on soon. Arrens was kind enough to go for a little impromptu RP with Arvoss, but I'm not going to say anything more. You'll see it when I get it done. /evilgrin

That's it for now. I really gotta stop staying up so late, but wanted to get all this down before I forgot any of it. Til next time, Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment