Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Project Wings" (and other things!)

Hello, little blog. Long time no see, huh?

I have been unmotivated to write anything lately, I admit. Rheugan is being near-impossible to write for, so most of his RP has been actual in-game stuff. But hey, that's what chatlogs are for, right? He's also chugging along nicely (if slowly) at 52 now, and I'm feeling an itch to get him to 60 asap. Which brings me to the title of this post.

I think Davoss started it when he reached 60 and got his flying. See, you can fly anywhere in Azeroth now. And while flying on a level 60 mount may be fairly slow, it still beats running on the ground (and dealing with all the obstacles you'll find there!). So "Project Wings" was born.

My goal with the project is simple-get every character that's close enough their flying mount/training. Dav has his bird, so he's taken care of. Rheugan is next, naturally, and then it will be mage-Alanon's turn. After that I don't really have anyone else close enough- Arnen would be my next at 28- so it's a fairly small, easy project. And hey, it's an excuse to play my lowbies, right? >_>

I've been tinkering with my hunters and pets, too, and have some new additions to show off. Arnen first, since I just mentioned him. I leveled him up to 28 specifically for 2 pets, which he now has!




Sorla the cat is formerly Pogeyan, and Digger is Mahamba- a couple new rare spawns that were added in the last major patch (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong). Sorla is shiiiiiny, if you can't tell from the pic. I'm really digging them both so far.

Next is a couple new ones for Khaotic- a pair of rares that I had to camp for.




I'm not real big on bugs, but I'm liking Rex okay so far. His wings don't actually buzz- it's more of a whispery rustling sound. He gave me a run-around, I had to camp him for 3 days before he popped. Olm was little better- I think it was 2-3 days for him, too.

Last up is Andrano, since he got the most new buddies. First up is his wolf, since I don't think I ever put up a pic of him. And he's named now, too!







I'm trying to write more about Andrano and Carienne, and his naming will be part of that. Otherwise, he's now added a ghost saber (couldn't resist), a yellow condor (love the model but didn't want to wait for level 72ish for the blue), Gosh-Haldrir the rare croc (tamed on a whim, couldn't resist again), and the new spiky Ghamoo-ra turtle (/hugs Morti). I think it's safe to say that he'll have his stable crammed by the time he reaches max-level, agreed?

Other than those guys, not much has been happening. Shaurria is still at 83, though I want to finish her up still. Project Wings will have to come first though, cause I'm serious about the "asap" bit. Davoss is parked at 62 while I decide if I want to power-level his smithing before going further. And honestly, Rheugan has become my biggest focus right now- I may even get him through the Outland questing before Dav, we'll see.

I've been debating doing a bit of culling with Lark's stable. I'm just not feeling any attachment to her dog Vei, in fact he nearly didn't even get leveled. And Arnen has his dog Bax, so I will have at least one mastiff. She may also trade in her parrot for one of the rares in Deadmines, if I can ever find one, but that's another "we'll see". Her raid group is fun- last week we got the twin dragons down, and spent some time on the Ascendant Council to boot. I think we'll have them down in a week or two. I need to level some of my others' professions, though- my sis can make flasks on her warlock, and Shaur can pick the herbs no problem, but Lark could use food and stuff too, and it'd be a lot easier (and cheaper!) if I could make everything myself.

Part of the problem with that is that I've been.... playing another game *cough*. A friend convinced me and sis to try out Rift, and I'm loving it so far. Shaurria has been "rerolled" as a cleric, with druid/shaman/sentinel trees, and she's bashed, blasted, and healed her way up to 19 already. I have a beastmaster warrior and ranger rogue as well for my altoholicism, and while they're still little, they're just as much fun. The gameplay is a lot like WoW, the rifts and invasion events are fun and good xp, and overall I'm enjoying it. Not giving up WoW for it, not by a long shot, but it's a nice change for when I need it.



So I think that's about it. I'm attempting an in-depth post about Rheugan, which will likely go on my other blog, and will probably be posting some Rift-related stuff there too, so keep tuned in for that. Til next time, Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment