Thursday, February 24, 2011

First Raid- Cataclysm Edition

Lark had her first raid night tonight! Bastion of Twilight is... interesting, especially when no one has really been there before so the raid leader is like "Let's just sic this pack of trash and see what happens."

We got to the first boss, Halfus Wyrmbreaker, fairly quickly with minimal wiping. The drakes for this week were the whelps, storm rider (?) and nether scion(?). I think I have the names right. >.> We left the scion alone, freed the others, and promptly wiped. Too much damage too fast on the off-tank. The second try we just freed the storm rider, then got the whelps once he was down. I'm happy to say it worked like a charm!


Dropped some tanky plate bracers and a cloth robe, not bad. I think we were all surprised at getting him down so quickly, but it was awfully nice to be able to go on to the next boss so early in the run.

The next trash area turned out to be a gauntlet. We found this out the hard way. -_-

Next boss (bosses?) were Valiona and Theralion. After being amused by the intro chatter between the drakes, we got on with the business of making them dead. It.... didn't turn out that well, after all- in fact, this was the general theme for the rest of the night.


We did get them down to around 28%, I think? on one attempt, but that was as close as we got. I'm feeling pretty good, though. The group I'm in is doing a great job working together and learning the fights, and everyone was still cheerful and joking by the time we called it quits. I'm pretty sure we'll get these dragons down, if not next week then the week after.

We're only doing one night a week, so that was it til next Thursday. After Wrath and it's 3-nights-a-week raids, I'm perfectly okay with it- this expansion is still young, and I don't want to get burned out anytime soon.

She got to use almost every pet she had with her (poor Saetta didn't get to see any action) and Sabor got some admiring looks/comments. He also did the best dps-wise - according to Recount he did almost 4k dps by himself. O_o Lark did pretty good overall, holding the #4 spot with a little over 10k total dps. She broke out her Survival spec for the last couple attempts, with her windserpent Nekoa and wolf Quiloe taking a turn each. With some better gear I can see her doing even better in the future.

Also, Pitch's gear is getting up there finally. He just needs to replace his pants, weapon and I think a trinket, then his gear will be good enough that I might see about getting him in Lark's spot every now and then. If not, then I'll be gearing him through heroics and point-farming, which will be slower, but oh well.

And one final thing? I got to watch my sis get herself a new friend. :D


She'd been looking for him for some time now, and the hunter I want him on (Booggah) is still only 80 so this was a seriously *warm fuzzy* moment. She's almost got him leveled already.

And now I need sleep, whew. Til next time, Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment